Saturday, September 24, 2005

Standing By in Houston

It's raining here and gray. All the stores are closed. Not much to do.
I am anxious to get back to my house but I think the power is still out down there.
We have supplies and electricity here so I might as well wait.
I heard a phone interview with a man who spent last night "hunkered down" in the fire station a few blocks from my house. They were still without power.

My test is to see if my answering machine picks up - if it does, then the power is on.
So far no answer.

In the meantime there is not much to do...
I guess this is what "hunker down" means. That was the word of the day for yesterday. I think it was repeated by every reporter on every tv channel at least 100 times. I think the word for today is "dodged a bullet" - if I had a nickel for every time...

Hunker down, dudes!

2 Comments:

At 9/24/2005 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Prospector said...

Still no answer at my house. The Galveston County Judge has said that people can return to any town except Galveston and Bolivar peninsula.
I still will not go today unless I am sure the power is on.
I will make my final decision at 3:00 today.

 
At 9/24/2005 12:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to hunker down and dodge the bullet. Glad to hear you're safe so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home