Monday, January 23, 2006

search by sketch

I haven't posted an internet time waster in awhile.

Here's one that should keep you busy for a minute or two.

retrievr searches flickr for images that match your sketch. There is a box where you pick colors and pen size to express your need. The site goes out and collects pictures that may match.

It is hoplessly inefective. maybe it's because I can't sketch very well. I tried to get a red car and got mostly red things back, but no cars.
When I tried to draw a person I kept getting frog pictures.

Anyway it will be a good idea one day.


retrievr - search by sketch

2 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 04:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think part of the problem is that they keep searching the same 100 or so images! No matter what I drew, inevitably it looked 'just like' (???) one of the other things I drew. But, it was fun.

 
At 1/27/2006 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah it can match the color (roughly) and that's about it. Great idea though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home